Permits & Licenses
If you have a general service inquiry or need assistance from City staff, please call rather than visit. We can be reached at 837-2511. We likely can complete your request or transaction without face-to-face interaction.
City Hall is open, however, if possible, please conduct your business without face-to-face contact with City staff. This caution is in the best interest of the community.
There are various permits and licenses residents and business owners are required to obtain from the City of Sun Prairie. The following is a list of licenses and permits available from the city and additional information. If you continue to have questions please view the ’Contact Us’ section in each permit for the appropriate phone and or email.
If you don’t see what you are looking for, please call 608-837-2511.
- Amusement/Vending/Entertainment Machine License
- Blasting and Rock Crushing Permit
- Cigarette & Tobacco Retail License
- Direct Seller's, Peddler's & Solicitor's Licenses
- Fireworks Display Permit
- Flea Market/Secondhand Article Dealer Mall License
- Mobile Food Vendor/Cart Permit
- Nightclub License
- Operator/Bartender License
- Outdoor Vendor Permit
- Pawnbroker License
- Secondhand Jewelry Dealer License
- Secondhand Article Dealer License
- Security Alarm Permit
- Street Opening Permit
- Stormwater Utility Credit
- Taxicab & Limousine Operator License
State Issued Licenses and Permits
The Department of Revenue website has a lot of helpful information for people interested in obtaining a state issued license or permit. Here are some more helpful links:
- Federal Employer Identification Number
- Food and Drink License - Dane County
- New Restaurant and Retail Food Information - Dane County
- Temporary Food Stand License - Dane County
- Food Manager Certification - Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Seller's Permit
- Wisconsin Seller's Permit - Online Registration
- Professional Business Licenses - WI Department of Safety and Professional Services