Erosion Control & Stormwater Management Permit

You may need to submit an Erosion Control and Stormwater Management Permit to the Engineering Department for commercial, industrial and residential dwelling projects larger than 2-family construction.

To apply for a permit, please follow OpenGov link below. See OpenGov tab on left for instructions on how to create a profile and submit your permit. OpenGov allows for an online process of submitting permit applications, receiving comments and approvals, and notifications on Erosion Control inspection results.

Useful Links:

When an Erosion Control Permit is Required

  • Disturbing 4,000 square feet or more of land
  • Disturbance takes place on a 12% or greater slope
  • Disturbing more than 100 LF of ditch, grass waterway, or other land where surface drainage flows
  • Excavation results in the removal or filling of 400 cubic yards
  • Where 125 feet of new public or private street is constructed
  • When land disturbance occurs adjacent to or draining to a sensitive area

When a Stormwater Permit is Required

  • Any development after August 22, 2001 results in the cumulative addition of 20,000 square feet of impervious surface to the site
  • Any development that requires a subdivision plat
  • Any development that requires a certified survey map for property intended for commercial or industrial use
  • Any redevelopment as defined by Section 15.30.050 of the Stormwater Management Ordinance
  • Any land development that the city determines may significantly increase downstream runoff volumes, flooding, soil erosion, water pollution, or property damage, or significantly impact a stream, creek, wetland area, or body of water
  • Agricultural development that creates new impervious surface area exceeding 20,000 square feet on the site