Volunteering at the Museum provides a unique opportunity to be part of the inner operations of a museum, work with one-of-a-kind artifacts, learn about Sun Prairie, and help people appreciate history. Depending on your skills and areas of interest, you might:
- Guide visitors and tour groups through Museum exhibits
- Make sure collections are properly labeled, stored and cataloged
- Develop programs or activities
- Design and build exhibits
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Conduct research to share the history of Sun Prairie with current and future patrons.
The Museum uses an online volunteer management system called Volunteer Matters. To become a volunteer:
- Visit www.VolunteerSunPrairie.com to register.
- Sign up for shifts or positions at the Historical Library & Museum project page.