The City of Sun Prairie Ad Hoc Transportation Committee has been meeting regularly, and is beginning to transition from fact-finding to identifying actionable alternatives for a variety of topics. Five workgroups have been created to help identify and prioritize issues along with actionable solutions for the City’s transportation system and policies. These workgroups are focusing on the following areas:
- Ride Sharing (Taxi, Car Pool, Community Car, Para Transit)
- Bus System/ City Trolley
- Madison Metro Expansion/ Rapid Transit/ Park N’ Ride
- Bike – Pedestrian
- Citizen Survey and Public Communication
Workgroups have been charged with bring their ideas and recommendations forward to the full Ad-Hoc Committee for consideration and possible action. A webpage has been created to help keep people informed about what is happening with the different workgroups and the full Ad Hoc Committee. Residents interested in following the activities of the Committee or its workgroups can get updates at:
The Committee is also working on developing a survey to better set priorities based on citizen feedback. A draft of the survey is anticipated to go the Committee in early 2017 for review. The final survey will be available through this webpage.
Residents can also sign up to receive to get direct messages about transportation related information when updates are shared to this webpage.
In order to sign up for notifications, please follow these instructions:
- Go to the home page of the City website (http://www.cityofsunprairie.com)
- Click the ‘Stay Notified’ conversation bubbles below the banner picture.
- Type in your email address and click sign in.
- From there you can choose to set up to receive emails and/or text messages.
- Then scroll down to the News Flash section and click on the email or the text message next to Transportation.
- You will be sent a confirmation message to the media you selected. Please follow the instructions to verify your message subscription.
Questions can be sent to Committee Chair and Council President Al Guyant at the contact information listed above.