Every 10 years, the U.S. Census counts everyone living in the United States. Make sure you’re counted. It ensures we receive accurate representation and our fair share of federal dollars for community programs that support schools, public services, health care and transportation.
For the first time, you will be able to respond to the census online. The census will be available online in English and 12 different languages.
The census takes 10 minutes for the average household to complete.
YOUR PRIVACY IS PROTECTED. The Census Bureau keeps your personal information safe and secure. By law, it cannot be shared with other government agencies, law enforcement, or landlords.
The Census Bureau will never:
- Ask for your Social Security Number
- Ask for money
- Ask for your bank or card information
- Ask for your mother’s maiden name
- Promote a political party
- Ask to come into your home
- Send unsolicited emails to request your participation
- Threaten you with arrest if you do not comply
- Ask about citizenship or immigration statu