Curbside Brush Collection Begins April 1, 2019
On Monday, April 1, 2019, Public Works staff will begin curbside brush collection. Set brush curbside by 7 a.m. on the first day of the collection week. To ensure your brush is collected, please place materials curbside appropriately. Brush may not get collected if it is placed incorrectly. Please review the Brush Do's and Do Not's photos.
- Brush must be stacked neatly at the curb, piled no more than 4 feet high, with cut ends facing the curb.
- Leave branches in long segments, as long as 1 person can handle. Do not cut into small segments.
- Brush should not be piled in a manner that affects motorist visibility, and should also be kept away from trees, signs, parked cars, mailboxes, fire hydrants, and utility poles.
- Do not put brush in bags, boxes, or trash containers - we will not pick it up. Keep brush in back of curb.
- Materials greater than 8 inches in diameter must be cut into manageable pieces, and kept separate from brush. Logs and branches 4 inches or more in diameter must be trimmed of all small branches. Materials less than 1 inch in diameter must be tied together in 4 foot bundles, not exceeding 50 pounds.
- We will not collect brush that is cut or trimmed by contractors. Contractors hired by property owners are responsible for removing the material. Collections are for brush and tree trimmings from a typical residential clean-up, not entire tree removals.
- Do not mix yard waste in with your brush pile, neither will be collected. Brush less than 1/4 inch in diameter is considered yard waste.
- Keep brush free of wire, tape, or inorganic materials. The use of string or twine is acceptable.
Please note, not all brush will be collected in one day as it takes our crew several days to get through the routes and inclement weather and/or mechanical problems may create delays. Collections are generally completed within one week, if you have not been picked up within that time, please call Public Works to inform them of the missed collection. Items will only be considered missed and rescheduled if they were set out by the first day of collection.
Visit the city website for more information about brush collection. Call us with questions at 837-3050.