Business Improvement District
The Downtown Business Improvement District provide an organizational and funding mechanism to support the development, improvement, and promotion of the downtown area for the economic benefit of all businesses within the District as well as the general social and economic benefit of the people of the City of Sun Prairie and its visitors.
The BID has formed several committees to assist in the completion of future projects. These committees include Business Recruitment; Advertising, Promotions & Events; and Beautification, Maintenance & Signage. Committees are made up of BID and non-BID Board members where possible. Committees will meet as often as necessary to accomplish set goals. If you have interest in serving on a committee connect with the BID Manager or Chairperson.
The Sun Prairie Business Improvement District’s (BID) mission is to support the development, improvement and promotion of the downtown area for the economic benefit of all businesses within the District as well as the general social and economic benefit of the people of the City of Sun Prairie and its visitors.(see map).
Goals of the Downtown BID
- Create collaborative opportunities for new and existing Downtown Sun Prairie Businesses to learn, grow, and develop.
- Advocate for development that exemplifies innovation projects that enhance the work, live, play environment of Downtown Sun Prairie.
- Facilitate maintenance, upkeep, and improvement of downtown Sun Prairie public spaces through advocacy for safety and improvement.
- Create an attractive, historic, and playful downtown environment through structure improvements and enhancements.
- Create and implement unique events that draw people from near and far to enjoy and patronize Downtown Sun Prairie businesses.
- Educate the public on the advantages of living, working, and playing in Downtown Sun Prairie.
2019 Operational Plan was approved by the Sun Prairie City Council on December 4, 2018.