Current Planning Projects
CURRENT PLANNING PROJECTS
NEW! Web Application of current planning and zoning projects under review by city staff for either consideration by Plan Commission or administrative approval, and development projects approved by the Planning division for construction. Current planning and zoning projects include new construction, new uses or change of use requiring a conditional use permit (CUP), land divisions (subdivisions/plats), annexations, conceptual plans for a planned development, and amendments to the zoning ordinance, zoning map, and Comprehensive Plan. This web application represents planning and zoning level review only and does not represent the issuance of building permits.
UPCOMING PLAN COMMISSION MEETING
Greetings! Plan Commission meetings will be conducted in a hybrid setting with in-person and virtual attendees. Please use the instructions below to participate and watch the meeting remotely. Application materials for the projects listed below can be found on the City's website.
Click on the link below to register in advance for this meeting (webinar), including accessing the meeting via phone:
When: October 10, 2023 - 7:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada) Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: You can also register your public comment through our electronic submission system. To submit a public comment, please click on the following link:
The survey will close for public comment at 4:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting. All comments will be included for the Plan Commission’s consideration during the meeting.
Scroll down to view meeting agenda items
In an effort to allow residents to become more informed about proposed development projects and other zoning matters, application materials are typically available a few weeks prior to scheduled Plan Commission meetings. Regular meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers at the Sun Prairie Municipal Building at 300 East Main Street.
Special meetings are called on occasion when deemed necessary. Agendas and meeting materials are typically issued about a week in advance of the meetings. Please find links to upcoming meeting agendas and active development applications.
The City Plan Commission is a 9-member body consisting of the Mayor, 2 alderpersons, 1 member of the Park & Recreation Commission, 1 member of the Sun Prairie area school district board, and 4 citizens. The Plan Commission serves as an advisory body to the City Council, making recommendations regarding zoning amendments, planned developments, conditional use permits, subdivision plats, and most certified survey maps. The Plan Commission is also responsible for the preparation and recommendation of the city’s comprehensive plan.
PLAN COMMISSION MEETING
November 14, 2023 (7:00 p.m.)
To view recent and upcoming Plan Commission agendas (with attachments) and agenda packets, click here. Attachments will be added to the agenda as they become available.
To view previous Plan Commission agendas and agenda packets, click here.
- Public Hearing: ANGELA SMITH - PC23-3146: requesting approval of a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for a home occupation involving skincare treatment at 2754 Bomani Drive.
- Public Hearing: BLACK MEN COALITION FOUNDATION CORP. - PC23-3142: requesting approval of a Comprehensive Plan Amendment to change the future land use classification for property located at 101 Communications Drive from "Employment" to "Neighborhood Mixed-Use."
- BLACK MEN COALITION FOUNDATION CORP.: PC23-3143: requesting review of a Planned Development Concept Plan to construct a 56-unit Institutional Residential development on 4.27 acres of land located at 101 Communications Drive.
- Public Hearing: FOX POINT NORTH, LLC. - PC23-3149: requesting approval of an amendment to the approved General Development Plan (GDP) for Fox Point North to subdivide two existing lots into three lots and reclassify them as Row Home Residential
- JOHNSON FINANCIAL GROUP: PC23-3144: requesting approval of a Precise Implementation Plan (PIP) to construct a 2,950 square foot financial institution at the northeast corner of S. Grand Avenue and S. City Station Drive.