Help the Museum
Admittance to the Museum is free and there is no charge for most Museum activities. Therefore, we depend on volunteers and donations from community members like you.
Become a Volunteer
Volunteering at the Museum provides a unique opportunity to see the inner operations of a museum, work with one-of-a-kind artifacts, learn about Sun Prairie, and help people appreciate history. Depending on your skills and areas of interest, you might:
- Guide visitors and tour groups through Museum exhibits
- Make sure collections are properly labeled, stored and cataloged
- Develop programs or activities
- Design and build exhibits
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Conduct research to share the history of Sun Prairie with current and future patrons.
The Museum uses an online volunteer management system called Volgistics. To become a volunteer:
- Visit www.tinyurl.com/SPPRFvolunteer to view opportunities listed under "Sun Prairie Historical Museum."
- Submit a volunteer application and select from current Museum openings as your Assignment Preference.
- When your application is approved, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to the Volunteer Information Center called VICnet.
- Log into VICnet at www.tinyurl.com/SPVICnet to to schedule shifts on a calendar.
The Museum accepts donations of objects, documents, photographs, and other materials that relate to the history of Sun Prairie. This includes items that were created in Sun Prairie, that reflect the history of Sun Prairie’s diverse residents over time, or that have a direct and important connection to an event in local history or to a prominent Sun Prairie resident. Items may be declined if they are in poor condition, if they do not fit within the Museum’s scope of collections, or if Museum already has identical or similar materials.
To begin the donation process please submit an Artifact Donation Form.