Payment Options & Deadlines
At least the first installment of your property tax bill must be paid to the City of Sun Prairie by January 31, 2020. The first installment includes one-half of your property taxes and 100% of any special charges or assessments. The second installment is due by July 31, 2020. Payments made after January 31, 2020 must be sent to the Dane County Treasurer.
Payment by Credit Card or E-Check **
You may use a credit card to pay your tax online with FIS from December 9th through January 28th. FIS charges a fee for this service equal to 2.35% of the amount of the payment.
You may also make an E-Check payment online with FIS from December 9th through January 28th. FIS charges a $1.00 fee for this service.
For Online Payments
1. Go to pay your tax online.
2. Enter your parcel or bill number.
3. Enter your name.
4. Enter the property address.
5. Enter the amount of your tax bill you wish to pay.
6. Select the continue button.
The system will then guide you through the payment process.
Payment by Mail
Sending your payment by mail is the best way to avoid long lines. Payments should be sent to:
City of Sun Prairie Treasurer
300 E. Main Street
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
- If you would like a receipt, include a business sized self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Mailed payments are deposited daily and receipts are generally sent the next day.
- The city considers payments postmarked by December 31, 2019 as payment in 2019.
Payments must be postmarked by January 31, 2020 in order to be considered timely.
Payment in Person
You may pay your tax bill in person at City Hall (300 E. Main Street).
Your payment may be made by check, cash or credit card. City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except as noted below.
Note - City Hall will be closed for the following holidays:
- Tuesday, December 24
- Wednesday, December 25
- Tuesday, December 31
- Wednesday, January 1
- Monday, January 20
In addition, 24 hour drop boxes are available if you would like to make your payment after hours at the following locations:
- City Hall Lobby- 300 East Main Street. Use the Main Street Entrance.
- Westside Community Service Facility- 2598 West Main Street