Reopen Hearings

You may file a motion to reopen your case. The motion should be in the form of a letter from you to the court.

Your letter should explain in detail why the court should reopen your case. The judge will read the letter and determine if there are legal grounds to reopen your case. The court will notify you when a determination has been made on your request. If your motion is granted, the court will set a hearing date. If your motion is denied, the original finding of guilty and the original sentence will remain as previously determined.