Sun Prairie Municipal Court will be reopening for in-person appearances beginning on Wednesday, July 1, 2020, with COVID-19 restrictions. Help us stay safe by doing the following:
- Stay 6 feet apart
- Face coverings must be worn at all times
- Use of hand sanitizer is encouraged
Once in the City Hall Building, please proceed to the second floor. Please do not stop at the first floor or second floor counters. You must check-in at the table in the lobby on the second floor. Please wait in line to check-in keeping a distance of 6 feet.
You will be asked the following COVID-19 screening questions:
- Within the last 14 days have you experienced:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Within the last 14 days have you had close contact (within 6 feet for more than 10 minutes), without the use of appropriate PPE, with someone who is currently sick with suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
If you answer YES to any of the questions, you will not be allowed into the courtroom. Please return home and contact your healthcare provider.
Once you have been cleared to proceed, please have a seat in the courtroom to wait to be called before the Judge. When you are called to meet with the Judge, please proceed toward the front of the room and stand on the X marked on the floor.
After you have met with the Judge, please exit the courtroom to your right following the exit sign.
If you will be making payment after your court appearance, we encourage you to pay through the city website with a credit or debit card in lieu of in-person payments at the Police Department.
To pay your citation online, click on the link above or go to the city homepage, click on Make a Payment then click on Citations. Please contact the Municipal Court at 608-837-9541 if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your cooperation as we navigate these unprecedented times.
Sun Prairie Municipal Court presides over matters that originate when a City of Sun Prairie police officer issues a citation (ticket) charging a person or entity with violating a city ordinance.
Cases often relate to one or more of the following areas:
- Traffic or parking
- First offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (OWI)
- Disorderly conduct
- Retail theft
- Issuing a worthless check
- Drug or paraphernalia possession
- Underage alcohol or tobacco usage
Court is held every Wednesday.
|Adult / Traffic