Sun Prairie Tourism COVID-19 Grant
The Sun Prairie Tourism Commission is offering one-time grant program to provide funding assistance for contracted, external, targeted marketing costs related to the following objectives:
- Retaining established clients, customers and visitors from markets that have traditionally generated overnight hotel stays in Sun Prairie.
- Attracting new clients, customers and visitors from specific, new, geographic areas, user groups, or demographics not previously targeted that will result in positive impacts to overnight hotel stays in Sun Prairie.
- Re-establishing, continuing, and enhancing existing events delayed or cancelled by COVID-19 that are likely to positively impact overnight hotel stays in Sun Prairie.
- Creating new events to replace delayed or cancelled by COVID-19 that are likely to positively impact overnight hotel stays in Sun Prairie.
Total Program Funding: $100,000
The following activities are considered to be eligible for funding assistance:
- Market feasibility studies to enhance existing hotels, facilities or events to make them more likely to generate overnight stays in Sun Prairie hotels.
- Targeted/direct marketing to specific new, geographic areas outside of Sun Prairie, user groups, or demographics that have not been previously marketed to that are likely to generate overnight stays for Sun Prairie hotels.
- Targeted/direct marketing to retain traditional visitors from a specific geographic area, user group, or demographic that have previously generated overnight stays for Sun Prairie hotels.
- Targeted promotional activities that are intended to retain and increase visitors and increase overnight hotel stays in Sun Prairie.
- Other customized marketing efforts directly tied to the increase of overnight hotel stays in Sun Prairie.
Other Terms & Conditions
- Awarded funds to be disbursed within 30 days of approval and signature of the grant agreement.
- Funds must be spent by December 1, 2020.
- Applicants must identify clear marketing objectives, how they will measure the impact of their marketing efforts, and report on their performance on those metrics in a formal written close out report by December 31, 2020. This should include a projected number of hotel stays in Sun Prairie hotels. Applicants may be required to present their results to the Tourism Commission at the Commission’s discretion.
- There is no formal match requirement, however competitive applications are expected to fund at least 50% of the project cost.
- Contracts, invoices, cancelled checks or other documentation must be provided with the closeout report.
- Specific counts of hotel stays generated by the marketing initiative must be provided within 60 days of the conclusion of the marketing effort. Estimates will NOT be accepted.
- Applicants must be in full compliance with all City ordinances, regulations and agreements with the City of Sun Prairie.
- Applicants must be current on any invoices or payments due to the City of Sun Prairie.
- Failure to complete these tasks by the designated time line will result in the funds being returned, and the applicant losing the ability to request financial assistance from any entity of the City of Sun Prairie.
Eligible Applicants and Maximum Grant Award
- Hotels in Sun Prairie: $25,000
- Events Generating Overnight Stays in Sun Prairie: $10,000
- Meeting facilities generating overnight stays in Sun Prairie hotels: $10,000
- Special event/use facilities in Sun Prairie: $10,000
- Other applicants with eligible marketing projects directly impacting overnight stays in Sun Prairie (TBD)
Applicants that are to be awarded funds will be subject to a formal grant agreement that must be approved by the Sun Prairie Tourism Commission. The earliest approval of potential grant awards is August 13, 2020.
Applicants should utilize the standard Sun Prairie Tourism Grant application, and must provide a cover letter that clearly addresses the following:
- Identify and explain the specific impacts of COVID-19 on your business operations.
- Identify and explain specific marketing efforts to help generate business to help recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- Identify specific goals on what the marketing efforts are intended to achieve, and how success in achieving those goals will be measured, including but not limited to overnight hotel stays in Sun Prairie hotels.
- Explain why the requested funds are necessary, and why the Tourism Commission should award a grant to the applicant.
Mail or Drop off to: Sun Prairie Tourism Commission, 300 E. Main St., Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2020 by 4:30 p.m.